Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Real Talk 2

Soon after I was made the company writer at my new job (after a series of strange and fortunate incidents that accelerated the process which occurred in my very first week), I quickly adapted to my newfangled and interdisciplinary job functions and time flew.

Then one day, after a meeting in which I relayed the manner in which our company could take off really quickly through some strategically placed communications (and having ended the meeting rather tentatively as our boss was sitting as if paralyzed by my information), obviously having recovered, my boss came storming through my office.

"GRAB THE TELEPHONE, FIND SOME PHONE NUMBERS."

..Um?..

Basically, he decided that the best way to get "quotes to place on our website" (somehow this is what my comprehensive, informative, and statistical strategy boiled down to in his head?) was to call "famous people" spontaneously and ask them a question ("anything") real quick, then write down whatever they said as evidence of their endorsement and hang up.


And he picked me for the job.



This is part 2 of a series of "Real Talk" pieces wherein I finally talk about my real life and share some (not so) scandalous short (and sweet!) stories. To follow from the start click on the label below for all posts in this series.