Monday, May 27, 2013

Kitten Luff

Sometimes the really happy loved up moments you want to keep private and to yourself.  That's how I've felt since Friday night regarding this really happy secret. But that sort of defeats the purpose of my blog: the daily account of my life. 

I am still smarting the healing scratches of a frightened new baby entering a new home alone and apart from his biological family. And after a weekend of glorious hugs, kisses, cuddling and play, leaving my baby this morning was hard to do, on both sides. He's become so at home, running up and down the stairs freely, following me everywhere, standing guard when he thinks I need guarding (even when it is right behind my heels while I am doing the dishes), and he has this habit of stretching forward and splaying out both paws on my feet when he wants my attention. He's become quite vocal now, talking to me in that way only babies (and baby kittens) can. He has learnt to listen to me when I tell him not to do something, and I've learnt to let him learn from his own mistakes (but then again which parent really has a choice? sigh). There is nothing as precious as when he climbs onto my lap to fall asleep, although he does it so frequently I guess it's not such a big deal. I guess you can say my motherly instincts are having one helluva party right now.