Monday, July 30, 2012

Ambushed by Liebster

Over the weekend I've been ambushed - right, left, and centre. Holy pakora. Wait let me google award acceptance speech templates, gimme a sec.

Step 1. Open by thanking everyone involved in giving you the award. This includes the organization sponsoring the award, the individual(s) who nominated you, and/or anyone who may have recommended you for this honor.
Thank you Boondi, Ajay and Kia!  Not just for being the award givers, or nominators, but simply for being a reader and especially for the feedback. On that note, thank you to everyone who's followed, read, commented, encouraged. If you're special to me, you should know how much by now. K, next.

Step 2. State how honored you are, mentioning the award by name. Even if you secretly think that having to give a speech is a crummy reward for a job well done, conveying your gratitude for everyone’s time and attention is an absolute must. This should be about 1 to 2 sentences.

Well, man. Do I really have to? I thought Step 1 covered that. Oh well, I am honoured to receive the Liebster Award thrice. 

Step 3. Share your thoughts about being awarded. This is a good place to convey how humbled you feel by the whole experience; if you come across as entitled or superior, everyone will regret honoring you. This should take about 1 to 3 sentences.

Humbled? Can't you see my head's blown up like a hot air balloon? Okay, honestly speaking. I was always aware of Blog awards and such. Being on Blogger, I really didn't give a hoot about being conferred "blog awards" and especially with such a small following (I'm more of a few very good friends person than the lots of acquaintances person), I wouldn't have thought any blog award of any sort would be bestowed until years later. So yeah, let's move onto the next step..


Step 4. Say something inspirational. This might be a quote from someone who made the award possible or your thoughts on whatever it is you won the award for. (This might also be a good place to personalize your speech with an anecdote.) This should be 2 to 3 sentences. 

Ooh, now we're talking. Well, most of us think twice about writing something, if anything at all. Bloggers world should remove any self doubts because it's how much you wish to portray, and not what your english teacher is marking. We're all humans and we all experience such an assortment of things in life, just let yourself go.

Step 5. Step 6. Step 7. Step 8. More thankyous blah blah blah. Enough already. Thank you Wikihow.


Now onto the responsibilities and rules that come with the Award.


RULES:

- If you’re tagged/nominated, you have to post 11 facts about yourself
-Then you answer the 11 questions the tagger has given you and make 11 questions for the people you’re going to tag.
-Tag 11 more bloggers.
-Tell the people you tagged that you did.
-No tagging back.
-The person you tag must have less than 200 followers

Questions from Kiara:

1) Why, how, and when did you begin blogging?

Well, there have been times when I've been in a low state of mind, I'd retreat from the world and cocoon myself in my misery. Writing was my way of consolation. I started writing years ago as a way to "lecture" or inspire myself. I'd write to the "sad" self of me as if it were my best friend, and I'd write in a way that I'd want her to rise up from whatever was pulling her down. I recognized that emotion was inversely proportional to logic, and somehow just by pulling myself into another frame of mind to do that, I'd come up with better material than the usual misery-induced writing. 

2) What is the story behind the title of your blog?

Oh. Well, whenever anyone asked me how I am, I'd respond by saying I'm supercalifragilisticsexyalidocious! Simply because saying "I'm well, thanks" was too mundane, and I like to be random.

3) What inspires you?

Hmm. Almost anything. Nature is first on my list. Songs. Books, movies - sometimes it's just something that makes me sit up and think that's made for ME! 

4) Stand in the light alone or stand in the dark with a friend?

Can't I sit? :(
I'd willingly do both. But if the standing in the light means leaving someone behind, I'd stand in the dark. 

5) Your favourite quote?

I have many. When I say many I mean MANY!  Notitiam primosque gradus vicinia fecit; Tempore crevit amor. - Ovid 

6) Would you ever write a book? If so, about what?

Would I? I have! Okay, well I would still and continuously. About life.

7) Your favourite song?

I don't have one favourite! At the moment I'd have to say Nadaan Parinde. 

8) Rain or Sunshine?

Rain in sunshine :)

9) If you were young again, and someone asked you what you wanted to be as an adult, what would be your answer?

When I was young, I answered these: ballerina, doctor, actress, model, writer (well that's what I can remember). I'd still say writer again.

10) You are given the ability of time travel, is there anything you`d change of your past or do you believe in `no regrets`?

I believe in not changing anything, because I love the way everything has led to now. I don't necessarily believe in "no regrets" because if we went by that, then we'd never truly learn.

11) Do we live to love or do we love to live?

Live to love to live.


Questions from Rehya Bond:

1. Do you believe in making your own destiny or being taken on it's decided path?
Both. I don't believe these are mutually exclusive.

2. What are you most proud of?
I don't know. Maybe just trying to live life with as good a heart as I can.

3. What is your favourite flavour?
Vanilla

4. When is your favourite time of day?
12.30 - 3.00 pm

5. Velcro, Zipper or Snap button?
Zipper.

6. What is your life's motto?
Sometimes good things in life fall apart, so better things can fall together.

7. Is the carrot half eaten or half left?
Both :P

8. How many times have you fallen in and out of love?
I don't know. Lost count? ;)

9. What was your favourite subject in Junior School?
Art, and math, I guess. I really don't remember..

10. Have you ever broken a bone in your body? (If yes, where?)
Arm

11. Girls: After the age of 14, have you ever worn running shoes with a skirt?
Nope.


Questions from Ajay .

If you were given one wish, what would that be ? A secret ;)

Which place do you wish to visit the most?
 I don't know.

If somehow you became the President, what would be the first thing you would do ? It's a cliche I guess, but build shelters.

Your favourite author ? I have many! You can see my favourite in my Superreads widget to the left. 

How much does blogging means to you? Well, it's a subset of what writing means to me, and I absolutely love it.

What is the best thing that has happened to you? Finding Sanity.

Would you give away everything for something you love doing? Yes. 

What is the one thing you would like to get from life? Fulfilment.

What would you do if you won a million dollars ? Many things...

What is your Life Motto ? Live for this moment, this moment is your life.

How stupid and lame are the questions ? Really really really lame Ajay, I don't even have words.. You dumbo, they're not stupid or lame at all.


.. Aaand I'm ending this with the11 Facts about Moi

1. Bibliophile.
2. Hopeless romantic.
3. I was born vegetarian. (Well okay, who wasn't?)
4. Waterholic.
5. Nature lover.
6. I love all the arts.
7. I have a very good memory.
8. I have very low tolerance for stupidity.
9. Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na is probably my most-watched movie. 
10. I love kids, and I've always gotten along really really well with kids.
11. I love to make people laugh


To those who have been nominated by me, these are the questions you must answer:

1. If you were a fruit, which fruit would you be?
2. If you were a drink, which drink would you be?
3. If you were a season, which season would you be?
4. If you were a gadget, which gadget would you be?
5. If you were a song, which song would you be?
6. If you were an animal, which animal would you be?
7. If you were a colour, which colour would you be?
8. If you could be anywhere in the world, where would it be?
9. If you could have anything materialistic, what would it be?
10. If you had to get rid of a bad habit, what habit would it be?
11. If you were me, what would you love most about yourself?