Friday, June 08, 2012

Growing


Not that I mean to expose or embarrass you Kiara, but when I was about to submit my comment to your comment, I figured that it could be posted as an actual blogpost:) 


So to everyone, this starts off with the lovely Kiara once again.
A little off topic...I was reading some of my older posts, you're right. Seeing the change is the best part.. Comparing then to now! It's fascinating how much things change. Sometimes I want to delete or change my old-old posts (cause they suck).. But I don't know, I remember you telling about this....Well, I'll shut up now :)

My reply:

" Hahaha no you don't have to feel like you HAVE to shut up.. (I'm sure you know this though, because you'd say the same thing also - that "I"ll shut up now" seems to be our way of ending whatever rambling thoughts we have :P)..

I know how it feels, to look back and really want to change something because you feel so foolish reading how foolish you were, or silly, or you thought something mattered so much and now, looking back you realize it wasn't important.

I feel dumb when I look at my older poems and think, damn, I wrote these because I "thought" I was in love at the time, and now looking back, I realize that I was not.. and yet, the poems still have that "feeling"...they're so dripping with emotion that THAT is what embarrasses me.

But that's just how life is. If I went back and changed something, then I'm changing the way I accept who I am, because whoever I am, and however I am now, it's only because of whatever I did or experienced, no matter how silly it was - it's being able to face that old you and understand now that it isn't you anymore because you're a better person from it...Don't dwell on being ashamed of whoever you were, be proud of who you are today.


Now its my turn to shut up :D haha "