Sunday, April 15, 2012

Baatein Kuch Ankahee Si

Friday evening while travelling home, I did what I usually do, sit and think.

 It occurred to me, not for the first time, that this travelling part of my day is one of my favourite times. In regards to the ongoing series of my extreme sleepiness, I've had a hard time explaining to a certain someone who believes that my long commute to and from home contributes to my tiredness, that it just is not the case.

I love the freedom of transit. You don't have to worry about your car, the signal lights, the traffic, other drivers, etc. You board, you sit (or stand) and you wait until you arrive at your destination. I always find the journey comparable to that of life.

The other day someone who follows this blog asked me if I'm the same way in real life. Meaning, do I also talk a lot like the way I write. I'm a very sociable person, one of the most pleasant and easy-going you'll come across, and oh yes I can talk your ear off if I'm ready to do so. But generally, I am a very quiet person.

Yes. This is me in real life. The distinction being, that this is the way I think. Not the way I talk.

Yes, I think a lot. I have been told many times that I think too much. To which I always aver that one can never think too much. I imagine my mind to be a sponge that can endlessly absorb everything and anything. The capacity of the mind awes me, because as long as you treat your body right, with the right food, right sleep, right activities and habits, with the right attitude and determination, the boundaries are almost non-existent.

And you know, this is what I thought in a flicker of a few seconds while sitting on the train, with the setting sun still shining upon my face. Almost like being suspended in time, that ride grants my mind the ability to rest, to think, to ponder, to speak to myself, and let the mind fly as far over the miles as it tends to do often.

This was meant to be my Saturday post, and I ended up saving it as a draft and never got back to it. I do kind of rue the fact that I missed a day. But not that I literally did - those of you with your sharp and keen eyes have noticed (and commented on!) my accessory blog - the Butterfly Effect.

Nahh, it isn't my new blog, it's more of a supplementary offset blog so to speak - as you can tell by now, I think alot, and on a LOT of different themes and as such, I felt weird just "reporting" news on this blog, whereas I kind of like to keep my thoughts and therefore, blogs, organized. So the Butterfly Effect is the home of my world events sort of thoughts.

 Similarly, you'd have noticed I've also put up other pages under the Timewarp section; Sapne is one of my very first blogs, and I've shared it with those of you I felt comfortable enough sharing with. It's been a long time since I wrote that stuff, and I've grown considerably, mentally and emotionally, and while I have an emotional connection with the content in the context of it being part of my life and  my writing thereof, I don't have the old possessive emotional connection I did previously in feeling that such writing was too raw and close to the heart to share with others.


So, on that train of thought, I think it's just about time where I ought to submit this mini-essay already.